Justin A. Markota
- Youngstown State University, BS/BA 2010
- Capital University Law School, J.D. 2014
- Honors: Order of the Curia
- Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Pennsylvania, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Western District of PA
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Criminal Law
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Mahoning County Bar Association
- Trumbull County Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Founding Member, Betras & Dann, 1992
- Founding Partner, Betras, Maruca & Kopp, L.L.C., 1998
- Founding Partner, Betras, Kopp & Harshman, 1999
- Special Prosecutor, Mahoning County Fraud Probe
- Interim Director, Mahoning County Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Compliance Officer, Mahoning County Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Professor, Youngstown State University
- Member, Mahoning County Board of Elections
Attorney Justin A. Markota
Justin Markota represents individuals and surviving family members of people who have suffered catastrophic injuries or wrongful death as a result of medical malpractice, commercial trucking and motor vehicle accidents, nursing home abuse, and other types of negligence. He is also a member of BKM’s Complex Litigation Practice Group (CLPG) which advises and represents business and corporate clients in the boardroom, at the negotiating table, before regulatory bodies, and in court. Justin became a partner in BK&M in 2021.
A native of Girard, Ohio, Justin is a graduate of Youngstown Ursuline High School and Youngstown State University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. He attended Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio where he received his Juris Doctorate in 2014. He joined BKM as an associate in 2015 and became a partner in the firm in 2021. Justin is admitted to practice in Ohio and Pennsylvania state courts and the U.S. Districts Courts for Northern and Southern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
A student athlete while at Ursuline, Justin remains active in interscholastic athletics. He coached baseball at his alma mater and currently serves as a legal advisor to the school’s Athletic Department. In addition, he has represented student athletes in several cases dealing with high school sports eligibility.
Known for his tireless work ethic, attention to detail, zealous pursuit of justice, and aggressive advocacy, Justin is respected by his peers in the legal community, opposing counsel, and the hundreds of clients he has faithfully and successfully represented during his career. Over his career, he has obtained impressive verdicts in state and federal courts, secured six and seven figure settlements for injury victims and families, and defended companies in a variety of litigation-based business disputes.